AirPods Pro 2 are one of the most popular wireless earbuds on the market, and their popularity has made them a target for counterfeiters. Fake AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) are now more convincing than ever before. They look incredibly authentic, and they even come in the same packaging as the real thing. That’s why it’s important to learn how to tell if Airpods Pro 2 are fake or real.
This makes it difficult for even the most experienced buyers to tell the difference between real and fake AirPods Pro 2. However, there are a few things you can look for to help you spot a fake.
One of the best ways to tell if your AirPods Pro 2 are real is to check the IMEI serial number. The IMEI serial number is a unique identifier for each pair of AirPods Pro (2nd Generation). You can find the IMEI serial number by going to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap on Bluetooth, then tap on the name of your AirPods Pro 2. The IMEI serial number will be listed under Model.
Read this lines below, it’s very important!
How to tell if Airpods Pro 2 are fake or real really quickly?
The fake Airpods Pro 2 are made really well, they look like the originals, and it’s very difficult to detect that they are fake, even if you decide to thoroughly inspect them. They even have their own IMEI number! This way, counterfeit products have deceived many buyers and passed off an ordinary copy. A great copy, but still – a copy. And much lower in quality compared to the original, of course.
However, when you enter that IMEI number for verification, you will receive information that the warranty is no longer active or it expired. This should immediately be a cause for concern. Airpods Pro 2 are a relatively new product, and it’s rare for the warranty to not be active. The Airpods Pro 2 have a warranty of at least 12 months, and even if the warranty has expired, with the original product, the IMEI number check will highlight certain product details such as the purchase date, and so on. However, with fake Airpods Pro 2, this will not be visible.
In short, checking the IMEI number will reveal many details about the Apple product you intend to purchase. If the message indicates that the warranty is not active or has expired, it is very likely that they are fake Airpods Pro earbuds.
How to tell if Airpods Pro 2 are fake
IMEI numbers can be checked on a number of websites, including:
- Apple’s website: You can check the IMEI or serial number of your AirPods Pro 2 on Apple’s website. Go to the Support page and enter your AirPods Pro 2’s serial number. You will be able to see the IMEI number, as well as other information about your AirPods Pro 2, such as the model number and warranty status.
- IMEI.info: This website allows you to check the IMEI or serial number of any device. Simply enter the IMEI or serial number and the website will provide you with information about the device, such as the make, model, and warranty status.
- SNDeepInfo: This website allows you to check the IMEI or serial number of any device, including AirPods Pro 2. Simply enter the IMEI or serial number and the website will provide you with information about the device, such as the make, model, warranty status, and even the location where the device was purchased.
You can find the IMEI number on your AirPods Pro 2 by:
- Looking at the packaging: The IMEI number is usually printed on the back of the AirPods Pro 2 packaging.
- Checking the settings: On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap on the name of your AirPods Pro 2. The IMEI number will be listed under Model.
Other ways how to tell if Airpods Pro 2 are fake or real
In addition to checking the IMEI serial number, there are a few other things you can do to tell if your AirPods Pro 2 are real.
- Check the packaging: The packaging for AirPods Pro 2 is very well-made and has a high-quality feel to it. The fake packaging, on the other hand, is often poorly made and may have typos or grammatical errors.
- Check the AirPods themselves: The AirPods themselves are also a good way to tell if they’re real. The real AirPods are made with high-quality materials and have a very smooth, polished finish. The fake AirPods, on the other hand, may be made with cheaper materials and may have a rough or uneven finish.
- Check the software: The software on your AirPods Pro 2 can also help you tell if they’re real. The real AirPods Pro 2 will be running the latest version of the AirPods firmware. The fake AirPods, on the other hand, may be running an older version of the firmware or they may not be running any firmware at all.
By following these tips, you can be sure to buy real AirPods Pro 2 and avoid getting scammed.
How to avoid buying fake Airpods Pro 2
Here are some additional tips to help you avoid buying fake AirPods Pro 2:
- Only buy from authorized retailers. This is the best way to ensure that you’re getting real AirPods Pro 2.
- Be wary of deals that seem too good to be true. If you see AirPods Pro 2 for sale for a fraction of the retail price, it’s probably a fake.
- Inspect the packaging carefully. Look for signs of poor quality or counterfeiting, such as typos or grammatical errors.
- Check the serial number. The serial number should be a 12-digit number that starts with “A2084” or “A2083.”
- Check the software. The AirPods should be running the latest version of the AirPods firmware.
- Check the IMEI serial number. This is the best way to tell if AirPods Pro 2 are fake or real.
Fake AirPods Pro 2 are now so convincing that it can be difficult to tell them apart from the real thing and that’s very important to learn how to tell if Airpods Pro 2 are fake or real. However, by following the tips in this article, you can be sure to buy real AirPods Pro 2 and avoid getting scammed.
- Our site is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission from Amazon. Learn more